- NO SLAMMING ALLOWED
This is to avoid slamming to escape the guard and various submissions from the guard and to prevent any major injury.
Takedowns are not considered slamming, unless intent to injure is determined by the Referee. You must deliver your opponent safely to the mat, meaning, if you take your opponent down, you must come down with your opponent. This prevents highly dangerous type of slams (I.e. Spiking). Anyone violating this rule will be immediately disqualified.
- NO INFECTIOUS DISEASES ALLOWED
Competitors with any of the following infectious diseases will NOT be allowed to compete including: Herpes (active cold sores), Fungal Infections (Ringworm), and any form of Staph or Viral (Chicken Pox, etc.)
- GENERAL CLEANLINESS
Come to the event clean with trimmed toe and finger nails. Competitors with Offensive odors before the event starts will be refunded and kindly asked to leave the tournament. We are looking to create a safe, clean and friendly environment.
- HEALTH ADVISORY
DO NOT GO INTO THE BATHROOM OR STEP OFF THE MATS BAREFOOT OR WITH WRESTLING SHOES.
- SCORING POINTS
To gain points for any move or position, the competitor (aggressor) must show clear control for a “3 Count” by the referee – this is the key in point scoring for our tournaments: TOTAL CONTROL FOR A “3 COUNT” TO EARN POINTS
- INJURY TIME
If either competitor is bleeding, the match will be stopped immediately. The mat will be cleaned to ensure cleanliness. Competitor is entitled to a total of 3 minutes to stop any bleeding. If the same competitor begins to bleed again, the match will be stopped immediately and their opponent will win by “Injury Default”. All other injuries, including cramps, muscle pulls, crying (in Kid’s Divisions), screaming or yelping will signify as a verbal submission and end the match.
- NO DISRESPECTING REFEREES & TABLE WORKERS
We also will be enforcing fully, the zero tolerance rule of disrespecting, threatening with physical or verbally abuse of our staff. If any coach, parent, or competitor threatens or abuses the referee in any shape or form, their competitor will be disqualified and they will be escorted out of the building by security.
- ALL REFEREE DECISIONS ARE 100% FINAL
All of the referees are paid professionals and have many hours of professional training in the arts of Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu, Wrestling and Submission Grappling, amongst other ground fighting and stand-up arts. They are to be respected at ALL TIMES will have a threat-free and pressure-free environment.
- WRIST LOCKS
All wrist locks are legal in ALL Adult divisions Blue belt and Up & No-Gi Intermediate / Advanced divisions, but ILLEGAL in ALL Kids and Teen’s Division
- PENALTIES (resulting in the warnings and point deductions listed below):
a.) NO Stalling– The referee will issue warnings for the following:
I.e. backing out of the guard without engaging, butt scooting, fleeing the ring to avoid takedown
b.) No Clothing Grabbing in No-Gi Submission Grappling Divisions
Note: No points or positional changes will be allowed if illegally grabbed
c.) No covering of the mouth or “muffler” techniques to smother your opponent
d.) No smashing the face, eyes or nose with any part of your body allowed
***Penalty System of Negative Scoring Against Rules Above:
1st offense of stalling = Official Warning
2nd offense of stalling = 2 Point deduction.
3rd offense of stalling = 3 point deduction
4th offense will result in a disqualification.
- ILLEGAL TECHNIQUES No strikes, Biting, Eye gouging (includes chin to eye), Head butting,
Small join manipulation (finger and toe crank locks), Hair pulling, or Ear pulling.
- DISQUALIFICATIONS for any of the following techniques that cause submission or injury:
No Compression Locks Allowed including Bicep, Calf Crunchers or Compression Knee Locks) in any divisions,
Except Men’s/ Women’s Advanced, Professional and Brown & Black Belt Divisions.
- LEG LOCK INFRACTIONS (see # 10 below in No-Gi Rules) causing injury or submission
No Neck Cranks, and No Cervical Locks in all divisions except Men’s & Women’s Advanced as well as
Intentionally throwing a competitor on his head or neck or slamming out of any submission.
Missing your match after your name has been called over the loud speaker Three Times:
– No Refunds for Missed Divisions
If a competitor breaks any of the rules after officially being warned or blatantly attempts to hurt their opponent, Bad Sportsmanship or harassment of referees, coaches or attendees will not be tolerated and result in DQ after warning.
Fleeing the Ring to Avoid Submission (Leg Lock rollout escapes will be at the referees full discretion)
- COMPETITION AREA BOUNDARIES
If the competitors near the edge, the referee will wait until a resting period and or until he/she feels the competitor might be in danger and re-start the competitors in the same position in the center. If a competitor scramble takes place near the edge, the referee will yell STOP and restart the competitors in the center of the ring in the standing position, unless the takedown is achieved in bounds to determine level of control for a 2 or 3 point takedown.
- No points for takedowns will be scored out of bounds for safety of competitors and spectators alike.
- POSITIONAL CHANGE FROM LEG LOCK SUBMISSION ATTEMPTS: which result in positional change after an 3 count time delay is earned, from a leg lock attempt, will NOT earn points (i.e. Fighter A drops back from Fighter B’s Open Guard for a Leg Lock, he/she locks in for 3 count, then Fighter B escapes and comes up on top - No Points will be scored against fighter A.
- ANTI-SANDBAGGING RULES: WRESTLERS: All wrestlers with (2+ years in high school or any collegiate experience) must enter at least Beginner or higher in Submission Grappling Divisions. Wrestlers entering Novice divisions will be disqualified. Sambo or Judo training experience will count the same as BJJ or any other ground fighting art training time to determine skill level.
- WEIGHT CLASSES:
* Note: You don’t have to weigh in with the GI on.
* Note Small Adult, Master’s, Teen’s and Women\\\'s weight classes maybe combined together.
* Kids will be matched up as close as we can, weight, size, age and level.
- ALL KIDS HAVE TO WEIGH IN: No-Gi Scoring System & Rules: